The world’s best golfers not only have considerable skill and vast experience, but also the right mindset. Many golfers, even those with years of experience, make the mistake of focusing only on developing their technique and not their minds. No matter how polished your technique is, you won’t be able to play at your best without confidence.
Therefore, if your improved technique is not improving your game, you should focus on cultivating true confidence. Unfortunately, I’ve found this is much easier said than done for many golfers.
What Do Golfers Fear?
The main factor that hinders the ability of golfers, both greenhorn and pro, to achieve true confidence on the golf course is fear. Here are some of the most common fears of golfers:
- Embarrassment – Reasonably, golfers who play with professional golfers may fear embarrassment. After all, if you’re playing with the very best, the last thing you want is to feel as if you don’t belong due to a supposed lack of skill. Ironically, this fear of embarrassment often leads to humiliation.
- Loss of Esteem – Most golfers who have the esteem of their peers are willing to do anything to keep it. This is true for both golfers who play with friends and family and those who play with professional golfers. These golfers develop a fear of the loss of esteem.
- Losing – While some golfers don’t necessarily fear embarrassment or loss of esteem, many fear losing. What these golfers don’t realize is that losing is a part of life, and the game of golf is no exception.
- The Next Shot – At many points in the average golf game, the “next shot” could very well determine whether you win or lose the game. As a result, the next shot is a common source of fear for golfers.
How Hypnotherapy Can Boost Confidence
If you need help developing the necessary confidence to play at your best, you should consider golf hypnotherapy. By using hypnotherapy, I can help you gain focus, deal with negative thoughts, and become confident so that you can play consistently well, no matter who is in your presence.
“My 9-ball pool team recently played in tournament. I was shooting well before the tournament, but I knew I could do better. Hillary has been a great help to me on some other issues so I contacted her and asked is she could help on sports-related issues. Her response was “Sure I help a lot of golfers with their game.” A month before the tournament I had a session with Hillary about shooting pool. When tournament time came around, I was at the top of my game. I played two matches. A total of 40 points could be scored. I outscored my opponents 31 to 9. It was the best score on my team.”
– Dennis M., North Charleston SC
Thanks to hypnotic relaxation, many golfers gain the confidence to reach the top. You can, too!
Whether you schedule a consultation at my office in downtown Charleston or arrange for a session via phone or Skype, the benefits of hypnotherapy are waiting to be discovered. Call 843-252-0573 or contact me at www.truehypnosis.com to start today.