A large percentage of adults in this country live mostly sedentary lives. They sit at a desk for their job and then come home to sit in front of the TV or read or do some other activity. We sit on the floor to play with children, sit in chairs or stools when we go out, and many of us rely on prepared foods or not very nutritious snacks due to lack of time and money. “Everyone else does it, so what’s the problem?” It’s how we work, what we’ve always done, and therefore it’s alright. Changing your diet or working to maintain a better exercise plan never works. You always revert back to what you’ve done all along, so why bother trying? Try something new! Hypnosis for health can help you establish new routines and stick to them so that you can maintain a healthy diet and exercise plan.
Why change at all?
A sedentary life may seem inevitable in this day and age, but conceding to sitting down for most of your day can shorten your life span as well as its quality. There are a number of conditions associated with being sedentary for too long including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, even various types of cancer. Failing to stick to a nutritious diet adds to these risks.
- Think about your day. Are you often tired in the afternoon? Do you ache by the time evening rolls around? Research suggests that these could be signs that your body is deteriorating due to lack of exercise and nutrition. *
- Did you have trouble thinking? Foggy thoughts and trouble remembering things can occur when you don’t take the time to eat right and exercise every day. *
- Do you have frequent colds, horrible allergies, and trouble getting up in the morning? These might be symptoms of the kind of lethargy that is caused by a sedentary life. *
- Can’t keep up with the kids? If you have frequent shortness of breath after running around the living room, this could be a sign that your sedentary life and poor nutrition choices are beginning to affect your body. *
Can hypnotherapy really help?
Yes! You don’t want to go through life tired and in pain, with the prospect of things getting worse. It’s difficult to change when you’ve been set in the same ways for so many years. Your hypnotherapist can help you access your subconscious directly and make positive suggestions that will help you stick to a new routine.
- Use hypnotherapy to create true and lasting change for your health
- Learn to integrate these changes into your daily life
- Set clear goals for your sessions
- Trust your hypnotherapist to help you make those goals happen with the help of hypnosis for wellness!
What if it’s too late?
It’s never too late to change your life! Sedentary practices and a lifetime of working at a desk may have already taken its toll but hypnosis and healing go hand in hand. Your hypnotherapist can work with your physician to help you make changes that can improve your quality of life.
*Disclaimer: Hilary Evans is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, she is not a medical doctor or nutritionist. The above are generalized statements based on common knowledge and casual research.