Getting pregnant at a more mature age is a much more common occurrence now than it was for the generations before us. Women are no longer of the mind that they have to hurry up and have a baby. You want to have a career, a relationship, and then children. With all the press regarding scientific advances, you may perceive that when the time is right for you it will happen, so you don’t have to rush. Then you may discover that it’s not as easy as you thought it would be. Don’t give up hope. There are things you can do to help improve your chances. Fertility hypnosis is one method you can use to help you achieve your dream and have the family that you want, the way that you always wanted to have it.
Positive Thinking, Positive Outcome
The first part of this experience is remaining positive during this time. You can’t blame yourself, or listen to the voices in your mind telling you that maybe it’s not meant to be, and the difficulties that continue to be listed in every piece of literature that you read on the subject. Difficulties with conception are not your fault. There is a way that is right for you, to create the family that you have planned for. This is your decision, your journey, your life. Choose the path that is right for you.
- Fill your mind with positive outcomes
- Envision yourself full of life
- Remember that this is your time, your plan, and you can do it!
IVF and Hypnosis
It may happen that infertility occurs and you choose to undergo In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment. Hypnosis can help you in this endeavor.
- Hypnotherapy is a completely safe addition to IVF
- 28% of women who used hypnotherapy with IVF in a study got pregnant as opposed to the 14% who didn’t get pregnant*
- Hypnosis promotes a state of relaxation, which helps alleviate pain during pregnancy and reduces the risk of early contractions.
Hypnosis can help you with the entire pregnancy and birthing process. Focus and concentration hypnosis will keep you on track with your goal of the family you desire and hypnosis for birth can help with your labor and birth. In addition to safe pain relief, relaxation, and the overall health of your conception and pregnancy, your hypnotherapist can create a plan with you that brings you all the way through birth and the moment when you hold your baby in your arms.
- Hypnotherapy can help make your labor shorter and more comfortable.
- The tools that you gain from your sessions will help you focus on conception, or on the embryo attaching during IVF.
- Your hypnotherapy sessions can help you keep the goal of a healthy pregnancy in your mind and through your body.
- While your baby grows and develops, the relaxation that comes from your hypnotherapy sessions can help alleviate negative symptoms of pregnancy.
Include your hypnotherapist in your birth plan, along with your fertility plans, and help promote a happier and healthier pregnancy. Remember through it all that this is all about you and your baby. You are doing this to have the life that you envisioned for yourself….and it is all possible!
*As indicated by a study in 2006 performed by a team from Soroka University in Israel. For more hypnosis facts regarding infertility and childbirth, visit TrueHypnosis.com.
**Hilary Evans is a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, she is not a medical doctor but will work with your doctor in medical situations, provided that you bring a referral from your physician.