The Kentucky Derby is over but the season of training and competition for racers and dressage performers alike, training has gone into full swing. Charleston’s warm weather is getting better and the days of improving balance and form on your best jumps are here to stay. If you have ever settled yourself into a saddle atop a horse, you’ll know that every kind of riding takes a lot of control. Focus and concentration hypnosis can keep you on track and in tune with your body.
Body and Mind Working Together
Equestrians have to use all kinds of muscles in order to excel at any sport that involves being on horseback. You have to move your body with the horse and be aware of the muscles that you are using. This is a practice that you may not use on an everyday basis. You may actually be using muscles that you don’t use on an everyday basis. Learn to control your muscles, working your body and mind together, and your equestrian performance can improve drastically.
- Learn to relax your mind and be aware of the motions that you need to make.
- Use the tools that you already have inside you to connect your body and mind and have more control over the muscles that you need to use, when you need to use them.
- Find out what may cause distractions or obstacles to connections between your body and mind. Learn how you can overcome those obstacles and feel free to move with the horse.
Race to Better Performance
Racing on horseback is a lot different than dressage. The rider is often in a more stressful environment with other horses stampeding close by. This can cause anxiety that hinders the rider from performing at his/her best. Sports hypnosis can assist you in keeping your head in the race instead of focusing on what can go wrong.
- Use hypnosis as a pre-race technique to focus and center yourself.
- Learn how to be positive about your race performance and use hypnosis to utilize what you know about racing well.
- Hypnosis can teach you to ease your anxiety about racing and being on horseback with your competitors around you.
Most races don’t last very long, but the adrenaline that runs through you as well as the stress and anxiety that it causes can keep going even after your race is over. You can make these feelings work for you. Stress and adrenaline don’t have to be bad feelings. It’s all about your perception of them. Use focus and concentration hypnosis to keep yourself positive during every aspect of your race, before and after it occurs.
You may be stuck on a plateau in your current equestrian performance. You may be just starting out and struggling with the physical or technical demands of the sport. You can be better! Use hypnosis to and utilize the tools that you already have inside. Make your next performance your next performance.