A Hypnotic state of mind

Deciding to make a true and lasting change in your life is a big step. You might decide that it’s time to quit smoking after 30 years, or to patch things up and renew the relationship with an estranged family member. You may have recently had a baby and you’re having trouble finding balance in your new life. Maybe you’ve hit a plateau in your career and you are looking for a way to move up to the next level. Perhaps you simply want to find a way to get rid of your love handles and look like you did when you graduated college. The reason doesn’t have to matter to anyone but you. When you have a clear vision of your destination; it can be very beneficial to find a guide who will help you navigate the new pathways in front of you.

A client walks into a hypnotherapist’s office…

…and then what? Your new journey is not about falling into a deep sleep and then waking up suddenly feeling different. The experience varies from person to person. What happens in your hypnotherapy sessions is entirely up to you.

  • You need a light to see your new path. Your hypnotherapist is there to guide you, to help open the gates to your subconscious. The transformation is in your hands.
  • All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. You will never encounter any feeling or memory in hypnosis that you cannot handle. There is nothing to fear.

Why hypnosis?

Your conscious mind is the tip of the iceberg. Think about this: approximately 10% of your mind is operating on a conscious level. That means that the other 90% is operating on a subconscious level. Throughout your life, you have learned and formed beliefs about yourself from events and experiences. These beliefs are now ingrained in your subconscious mind as “known.” Ideas like “you’re fat,” or “you’ll never be good enough,” or “life has to be stressful!” When you have thoughts to the contrary, your subconscious mind doesn’t want to believe it because it contradicts what is “known.” There is part of your subconscious mind, which acts like a gatekeeper and filters out everything that isn’t a “known”. That filter is also called the “critical factor.” Using hypnosis, you can bypass the critical factor and open a direct line of communication to the subconscious. With that critical factor out of the way, you can more easily accept suggestions such as “I can be thin,” or “I am going make it to the top!” and even “I don’t need to worry.”

Your Subconscious Mind Manages:

  • Memories
  • Attitudes and Beliefs
  • Habits
  • Emotions
  • Involuntary bodily functions
  • Energy levels
  • Imagination

By getting past the critical factor, you can work to get the most out of these things that your subconscious mind manages. You may associate certain things with actions that you perform every day without thinking about it. Example: You decide to wear a purple shirt to work for the first time. You’ve had a stressful week and your boss has been irritated with you; but when you get to work, everyone compliments the way you look. You smile and feel good all day and even your boss has something nice to say. Now, you think that you look good in purple. There’s a good chance that people only complimented you because they noticed the difference and it was courteous, but your mind has become wired to believe that you will be complimented if you wear a purple shirt. The critical factor filters out all of the other colors, making you think that only a purple shirt makes you look good. You associate it with your happy day. The other colors are still there. They still compliment you in different ways.

Hypnosis can help you see these ways, can help you notice ALL of the colors and their benefits. The relaxed state that your hypnotherapist helps you into will shine a light on everything that you haven’t been seeing, making it easier for you to achieve true change.

Find this content useful? Share it with your friends!

Hillary is a graduate of The Florida Institute of Hypnotherapy (FIH), licensed by the Florida Department of Education, the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges, and The American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (ACHE). The ACHE is one of the oldest and most respected organizations of Hypnotherapy Training and Certification in the world.

Comments are closed.