Spring is in the air and holidays are coming around again. Family is coming to town and the kids are off form school. As a parent, you may be about to pull your hair out from all of the stress. With meals to plan and worry over what could happen to the older children while they’re away looking for adventure, it’s easy to become so stressed that you feel like you can’t handle it. It makes you lose sleep and gain anxiety. Stress hypnosis can benefit you when you get so overwhelmed that your thoughts race and things slip through the cracks…which ultimately causes you even more stress.
When the amount of activity in your life increases abruptly, it is very understandable for your stress levels to go sky high. Your hypnotherapist can use hypnosis for stress to help you clear your mind, relax, and get organized so that these times go by with a breeze and everyone is happy, especially you.
- Talk about the differences that could be causing your stress. During your sessions, talk to your hypnotherapist about exactly what stresses you out. Is it something that always stresses you out or are these new things?
- You have to be able to say “no” once in a while. At the holiday time, you can often be bogged down with visitors, older children coming home from college, and setting up activities for younger children. Think about what is really important to you and what you could give up to help you de-stress. Talk to your hypnotherapist about utilizing your sessions to gain the confidence to say no when you really want to.
- Everyone has anxiety about things going wrong. Big dinners and setting the stage for the little ones leaves a lot of room for mistakes. You want everything to go perfect so that people leave your home with happy memories. Your hypnotherapist can help you accept that everyone makes mistakes and that sometimes they can lead to even happier memories.
The College Kid Dilemma
Children that have left home for school come back acting like adults. In your eyes, they’re still kids and many of them are only 18 or 19 years old. You may be worried that they’ll go away on a crazy spring break vacation and get hurt or drunk or something even worse. Many parents have these worries. Stress hypnosis can help you calm yourself down so that you can talk about things rationally with your kids.
- Learn to be calm with your children as well as other stressful family members.
- Use hypnosis to find ways to organize every holiday like you do this one.
- Ease your anxiety and get organized.
As you work with your hypnotherapist, you’ll learn about tools that you can use not just for the stressful situations at hand, but for any stressful situation that comes up in the future.